山本作兵衛コレクション総合トップへ山本作兵衛コレクション総合トップへ
田川市 ユネスコ世界の記憶(世界記憶遺産)「山本作兵衛コレクション」田川市 ユネスコ世界の記憶(世界記憶遺産)「山本作兵衛コレクション」
文字サイズ 拡大標準
背景色 青黒白

図録番号427 タイトル:鶴嘴鍛冶屋

最終更新日:
 
427
(解説文要約)
明治・大正時代のツルハシ鍛冶屋を描いた作品です。
採炭夫は、採炭に使うツルハシを4、5本かついで入坑します。
ツルハシの穂先が岩盤にあたると潰れるからです。
採炭中、ツルハシの先が潰れると、助手の後山が、坑口にある鍛冶屋まで修理に戻ることもありました。
大正7、8年頃、穂先だけを取り換える改良型のツルハシが登場します。
これだと、ツルハシ一本と替えの穂先だけで、入坑できるわけです。
 

Illustrated here is a scene of a blacksmith repairing a pick axe around 1900.  
Miners were known to enter coal mines carrying up to 4 or 5 pickaxes, for their tips would dull easily by hitting solid rock.
Sometimes when the tip was worn down, Atoyama the assistant would run up to the blacksmith at the pit entrance for repair.
Around 1918 blacksmiths invented a new type of pickaxe with removable tips. 
This meant miners only had to carry in one pickaxe and a few spare tips to the mine.
このページに関する
お問い合わせは
(ID:3882)

田川市石炭・歴史博物館

〒825-0002  田川市大字伊田2734番地1  TEL・FAX:0947-44-5745

Copyright (C) City of Tagawa

田川市石炭・歴史博物館

〒825-0002  田川市大字伊田2734番地1
TEL・FAX:0947-44-5745
Copyright (C) City of Tagawa